Sunday, June 12, 2016

Day 91 061216

Near carbon copy of yesterday. Reached double digits on the year. In third week after over a year off. 

Injuries led to inactivity which led to health issues. I'm now bouncing back from surgery which removed blood clots that had stacked from the back of my right knee to my groin. Also had clots in both lungs which the medicine took care of. It is believed the clots were triggered by a slip on the ice while shoveling snow. Less than a month out of the hospital hit with the flu which did another whammy on my lungs.

The prescribed course of exercise was walking which led back to here. Yet it was a catch-22 because there was some rebelling against the walking by my body. First it was my lungs that had to recover from the clots and flu plus acclimate to increased activity. Then when I started walking farther had to deal with pain and swelling in my right ankle and leg. Sometimes had to wear compression stockings or socks. Finally built back up to walking a mile. 

The journey starts again.

miles walked today: 1

walked this year: 10

total: 97

time today: 21 minutes

weather: 86 degrees, 58% humidity, sunny and 6 mph winds

weight: 237

weight loss this week: 0

weight lost since beginning: +11

No comments:

Post a Comment