Saturday, December 15, 2012

reflection and realization

It is clear that I am not who I once was. I went into the project with the same approach when I was much younger. Yet here I am much closer to 50 than 40 and my body is feeling it. It takes longer to recover than it did years ago and I get injured much easier. I used to be able to dunk a basketball and once came down and rolled my ankle and had no real ill effects. Once while being fitted for ski boots I was told that I had unusually thick ankles. That helped me avoid a lot on ankle problems. I never had issues with my knees either after years of activity. That is no longer the case. I sprained my ankle in a slip on the stairs and it seemed to take forever to heal. I hope to be over the worst of it and plan on making a walk or two next week. We'll see if I change my approach. As I move forward my attempts to turn back the clock will have to be taken with more patience. I need fewer set backs to be motivated in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment