Monday, October 8, 2012

Day One 100812

There, I did it. I got home from my primary job and figured I'd get the first walk out of the way. The weather was nearly perfect at 68 degrees and mostly sunny. I changed my clothes and away I went.

Funny thing is you can walk around all day long but when you go to walk with a purpose you almost forget how to do it. Clop. Clop. Clop. That doesn't seem right. It took a few steps to find my stride.

I went out a little too fast initially and started to feel a strain in my lower shins. Used to make the same mistake back when I started running too. I slowed to a more comfortable pace and the discomfort went away. 

There is something magical about reaching the half way point. You have a sense of relief and the return trip seems easier some how. There was one hill on the route I took but it wasn't too taxing. 

I completed my first walk of one mile in 28 minutes. I wasn't trying to set any records. It just gives me a good benchmark of how much time to devote going forward. 

Since its Monday I did weigh myself this morning. The scale revealed that I'm at 224 pounds. The glimpse in the mirror was less than flattering as I carried the weight on my 5 foot 9.5 inch frame. I know what I'm starting with and its up to me to mold and sculpt this body into a healthier one.

Miles walked today: 1

Total miles: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment