Monday, October 29, 2012

Days 18 19 20 21 and 22 102912

On day 18 my body started to rebel big time. Specifically when I woke up that morning I could hardly put any pressure on my right foot without pain shooting through my right heel. I was miserable all day as I hobbled around so I went to Walmart and got insert supports and a pair of Dr Scholls shoes. That same evening I could start feeling a difference and could start putting pressure on the heel. By the afternoon of Day 19 I was feeling much better and intended to continue walking. Then I let my wife talk me into taking the time off to recover until I could walk without a limp and pain free. She thought I had pushed myself too hard but I think it was a combination of the worn out shoes I initially started with, not enough support in the new boots and over compensating for the toe injury. During day 18 I thought I would be out for weeks but thanks to the Dr Scholls shoes I was back on track after only four days off.

Day 19 was a Monday which made it a weigh in day. The scale read 218.

Weight loss: 1 pound Total loss: 6

For breakfast on day 18 I had chocolate Cherrios. For lunch it was a spinach salad with shredded cheese and raspberry vinaigrette and vanilla yogurt. I had cashews for an afternoon snack. For sups it was a cheese burger, a chicken sandwich and fries.

On day 19 I had oatmeal for breakfast. For lunch I had grapes, carrots, a banana and pumpkin seeds. It was more cashews for an afternoon snack. For sups it was a turkey sandwich and fries.

Day 20 and it was oatmeal and a breakfast drink for breakfast. For lunch I had three pieces of pizza and birthday cake. For sups I went to football party and had a bowl of chili, tortilla chips with nacho cheese and refried beans, four chocolate chip cookies and a brownie. That was pretty good restraint for me during an event during food season.

For breakfast on day 21 it was honey nut crispy oats. For lunch it was pumpkin pasta. Had a cup of peanuts in the shell for an afternoon snack. It was a bowl of chili for sups.

Back on track on day 22 and I got in a one mile walk today. The new shoes made it one of the most enjoyable walks to date. I tried to keep at a medium pace and only felt a little soreness in my legs. I finished in 28 minutes.

The weather was 56, sunny and windy. The sun was just above the tree line and fairly pleasant. I'd say that the leaves are about ninety percent off the trees.

For breakfast I had a bowl of sliced grapes, apples and bananas. For lunch it was two pieces of pizza. In the afternoon it was a cup of peanuts in the shell. For sups it was a bowl of one of my kids' cereals with colored marshmallows. 

Being Monday I weighed in. The scale still said 218.

Weight loss: 0 Total loss: 6


miles walked today: 1

total miles: 19

No comments:

Post a Comment